Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Who Needs Stacy & Clinton?

My sister-in-law Kristen and I were just lamenting the other day about the need for a make-over. I have dreamed many a daydream of being ambushed by Stacy & Clinton from TLC's "What Not To Wear" and being swept away to NYC for a week of shopping and appearance overhauling. Both Kristen and I just had a baby, which as wonderful as it is, leaves you feeling a little like dogmeat. After spending that first week looking pretty much only at Devyn's face I was in for a shock when I finally checked out the aftermath of my own appearance. Upon looking in the mirror I was greeted by heinous roots (I had an appointment to get them done on a Tuesday, Little Miss was born on Monday, which left me with a beautiful baby and the head of a frumpy, flat librarian hair!), a lumpy, dumpy body with love handles only a nice husband could love you in spite of (which mine does, whew!) and a wardrobe of maternity clothes to choose from that don't look quite as cute with the now deflated figure. However, they are your only option because you're still much too fluffy for real clothes, (you know, the kind that button and zip). Sigh. I could feel the the old familiar daydream coming back and as strong as ever! Stacy and Clinton, save me!

Fortunately for me, as I've mentioned in my last post, I just celebrated my 30th birthday less than two weeks after my bambina entered the scene. Wouldn't turning 30 in light of all the wreckage be depressing you may ask? Not if you got spoiled like I did! My Mom and Dad decided to do a little shopping for me. My Dad helped pick out (which I thought was way too cute!) this fabulous, new Dooney & Bourke handbag for me!See, it's plenty big enough to cover up those unlovable love handles until I can whittle them away! And it's this fun, sassy shade called Bordeaux! I like it because it's red, but not jump-up-and-slap-you, hooker red. Just the right amount of sass!
To add to the fun, my Mom & Dad told me to look inside where I was greeted with one of these little lovelies! A Macy's gift card with more than enough fun loaded onto it! Am I spoiled or what! To boot, my in-laws sent me some cash with explicit instructions not to spend it on anyone but myself! Hot-diggety-dog! So I'm thinking it's time to reschedule here pretty soon and get that nasty, librarian hair addressed! Who needs Stacy & Clinton to save me when I have such wonderful family spoiling me absolutely rotten! Thank you guys SO MUCH!!!

1 comment:

  1. love the bag & love the generosity of the fam. i know i'm going to have a hard time fitting into my clothes, too. i'm not looking forward to it. and i don't want to go buy even bigger clothes. yikes. you're inspiring. good luck!

    ReplyDelete