Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Deep Thoughts By Jack Handy...

...or just really weird, random ones by Yours Truly. Sometimes when I'm commenting on blogs or Facebook, I think I over-exclamate (which may or may not be a made up word, but it's working for me, so go with it). But not to the point twelve-year-olds do. Because as you know if you've ever looked at a twelve-year-old's Facebook page, some of the things they say and do makes me want to pull my eyeballs out. Seriously. However, I digress. By 'exclamate' I mean, using exclamation points at the end of sentences rather than a boring, old period. Sometimes using a period seems rude or just devoid of any energy. I will sit at the keyboard and have a conversation with myself that sounds something like "I could use a period here, but that is so boring and really doesn't capture how I'm feeling...but if I end it with an exclamation point, am I over-exclamating?...because I kind of do that a lot..." Eventually, I'll decide I am who I am and end it with a "!", but still I frequently find myself plagued by this stupid internal struggle. I know, I'm really strange. Even stranger, I find myself feeling ambivalent about people who don't exclamate at all... like they are living a weird, emotionless existence in which they can't get excited about anything. That is seriously weird to me! My random musings have led me to two conclusions, those being 1.) I am subconsciously haunted by punctuation far more than I ever realized and 2.) From this point forward I hereby allow myself to exclamate without further over-analyzation, since as previously stated, I am who I am. Besides I wouldn't want to be one of those weird non-exclamaters anyways!!!

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when people WrItE lIkE tHiS. SeRiOuSlY, iT tAkEs WaY tOo MuCh TiMe To TyPe It AlL oUt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, a double exclamation! Preach it sister! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I was thinking the same thing. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete