Monday, August 9, 2010

Time to Start...

Operation: Get My Body Back!!
Devyn is officially two weeks old today (where did the time go?!). I told myself I was going to give myself a couple weeks, then it was time to start minding my P's & Q's and reclaim my body. I gained between 45-50 lbs. with this pregnancy, which is the most I've ever gained while being pregnant (it was 35-40 with the other girls). And given the fact I just turned 30 on Saturday and have been nicely reminded of what the metabolism likes to do in ones 30's, I figured I'd better not procrastinate this much longer! I weighed myself this morning and now that Devy is out and my body is recovered, I am left with 30 lbs. to lose. Aye-yi-yi! Time to go dust off those pilates dvd's and keep on drivin' when the drive-thru calls my name. Operation: Get My Body Back begins NOW!

5 comments:

  1. You will soooo do it because you are a 'driven' kind of momma. Plus, those little dumplings are worth every thing our bodies go through to get them here. :) I think you are smart to start your 'operation' ASAP. I waited way too long, but I'm almost there (5 years later....lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my only comment here is - it has only been 2 weeks. i've heard you're really not supposed to push yourself until the 6 weeker. am i already planning on being too easy on myself? cause i'm even older than you & i started off looking worse than you. (chubbier, i mean.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley, my body has always bounced back within a couple weeks with my pregnancies in terms of feeling normal (looking normal, that's another story). I think it's because labor and deliveries go pretty well for me. If I was dealing with a healing episiotomy or had 12 lb. kids or something it may be a different story. But I come out relatively unscathed. So plan on six weeks and just gauge it as you go. You may need more time, you may need less. Listen to your body and don't overdo it too soon or you'll end up paying for it in the long run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please tell me those aren't your toes and your actual weight. I may have to stop being your friend. Haha! Yeah, right! If we've stayed friends through lavender rooms and floral bedding... well, I guess we're stuck with one another for good! LOL! I know what you mean about wanting to bounce back. The aftermath always freaked me out a bit, but you will be just fine. I'm certain! You are a beautiful woman and the years and babies have only made you more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, you are a gem! And NO those are not my toes or weight! ;)

    ReplyDelete