Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I've Decided...

Devyn - 3 weeks old

...that every time a mother has a new baby her body should spontaneously generate a new set of arms. Freakish...yes. But, I need to look like an octopus at this point to keep up with everything. Devy has decided that she really enjoys being held, specifically by her mother...pretty much all the time. Good thing she is adorable, even though she is a naughty kitten. I can't protest too loudly when I get to sit there and see how her little cheeks are filling out and count her fingers and toes... but still, it's hard to get anything done.

Yesterday some sweet, older women from church stopped by unannounced at my back door (which is all glass). If you know me, you know there is a very small percentage of the population with whom I am okay with just showing up unannounced. I'm weird like that. Seriously, what if I'm chillin' in my undies or whatever.... Anyhoo, I digress. But I talked myself through it and invited them in where they were greeted with cereal under the table, a sink full of dishes and the usual massive pile of laundry to be folded. As we stood there and chatted amongst my mess I kept wanting to blurt out "Please don't judge me! I haven't grown my other set of arms yet!" I realize the likelihood of that happening is pretty much...well, none. So I've decided another suitable solution would be, every new mother that comes home from the hospital is sent home with a full-time housekeeper for the first couple of months. That is SO much more realistic than spontaneously generating new limbs, right?! Yeah right. Looks like I'll just have to live with my mess and uber-attached baby a bit longer...

2 comments:

  1. a) she's adorable.
    b) i hate when people show up unannounced, too. and my door is away from living space, so if i don't expect you, i don't answer it. that is something i am just wierd about, too.
    c) i'd like to order my extra arms now, so i can be prepared when this baby comes. and he's my only one. but i might get an extra, extra set if i find them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devyn looks so angelic in this picture!! And I hear ya...I sure could use an extra pair of arms as well! One to spank Rocklin because he loves to be naughty these days and the other to hold Ruby 24/7 who also seems to be a Momma's girl these days! :)

    ReplyDelete