Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh Yeah!!!

Ahhh, I remember too well my own Skate Nights as a kid at Sparkles Roller Rink. The ring pops, my best friend Tina, doing the hokey-pokey... Well, it all came full circle for me the other night when I took Maryn and Brynna to Hucrest Elementary's Skate Night. Justin had taken them the month before and had warned me that I was in for a work load. This became apparent to me the minute the girls were laced in to their skates. Truly, it was pretty comical. There was a LOT of wall hugging, death-grip on my hands and many, many, many times I had to peel Brynna off the floor (Maryn took a more independent approach to her wipe-outs).

When all the classes were called out to the middle of the floor, to see which class had the most in attendance, Maryn made it about half way out before she resorted to crawling the rest of the way on her hands and knees. It was hilarious as her classmates cheered her on and she giggled and smiled when she finally made it to the pack. It was pretty cute. Her efforts paid off too because her class had the most kids in attendance, so they won a popcorn party! Wahoo! By the end of the night, Brynna had made it off the wall to skate under the disco ball and black lights, Maryn had scuffed the skin off her elbows, I had met many of Maryn's friends and their moms, the girls were sporting new Hello Kitty rings and frosting faces from Maryn's friend Marley's birthday cupcakes she had shared. Brynna especially thought this was fabulous since it matched her shirt PERFECTLY! They had fun laughing as they compared Slurpee tongues to see whose was more red or blue and even though I was thinking I needed a back-rub, I had to admit the girls and I had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Love the skating pics! I can't believe Maryn and Brynna are big girls and can go roller-skating. Sometimes I feel like they are still like 2 years old...I guess it's because I don't get to see them everyday, but it just feels like they are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete