Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Counting Down Christmas

I know it may seem premature, but I am getting giddy-excited for Christmas this year! Today the weather is cold, rainy and dreary and I just wish I could cozy up next to a lit up Christmas tree with a mug of hot chocolate and my favorite red blanket. To see the bright reds, greens and golds as the world fades into muted brown and grays. To see where Elvis, our elf, will be hiding each day. To see the kids excitement as they count down the days. To smell yummy things baking and watch 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' and the old cartoon 'Grinch Who Stole Christmas' that my brothers and I use to watch over and over as kids. My brother Matt broke into spontaneous singing of "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch..." today and I loved it! I swear we had every line of that movie memorized as kids! To do fun traditions and make memories. To feel that special Spirit that accompanies the Christmas season. I know, I know, patience my pet, it's not even Thanksgiving yet! But I just can't wait! I've been told I have to wait until after Thanksgiving to put the tree up, but I may be working on that after the last bite of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment