Thursday, December 2, 2010

Letter Words

This morning Brynna went into the bathroom and yelled "Maryn! Why does it smell like a big fart in here?!" I don't necessarily think fart is a bad word, but it's not the nicest, so I have asked the girls not to use it. So after I heard her yelling at Maryn I gave her back a disapproving "Brynna, don't use rude words!" Then Brynna, who is learning how to spell and sound out words, hollered back down the hall "Oh sorry Mom, I used the F-word! I just have a hard time remembering not to use the F-word all the time! Because, the F-word is not a nice word, so I shouldn't use it!" She continued on about F-word this and F-word that...I sat there chuckling to myself hoping that a conversation about her problems with remembering not to say the F-word came up at school!

1 comment:

  1. Our 8-year-old has just recently realized that our rude f-word is not THE rude f-word. Not my favorite bit of growing up for one's child to do.

    ReplyDelete