Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finally, Some Sun!!!

Anyone who has been to the Great Northwest would not argue with you that it is one of the most gorgeous parts of our country. However....oftentimes in the winter you have to wait for the rain to subside and the sun to come out to be able to get out and enjoy all that gorgeousness! Last Saturday turned out to be just such a day. Justin and I loaded the kids in the car and decided to take off in search of a fun, little hike with them. Unfortunately our spontaneity just so happened to coincide with Lauryn's naptime. So long story short, 'L.T.' came out. ('L.T. is short for 'Little Tyrant', which is Lauryn's nickname when she's being a little beastly). Our little trip was shortened a bit by screaming echoing through the forest. But before it got too hairy we were able to sneak in a few happy memories. And hey, this is our new stompin' grounds, so we'll totally be back for more! (Hopefully, just more well-rested next time!)

Along the Umpqua River there is a point where two rivers collide. It was pretty cool and so we decided to get out of the car with the kids and check it out. Brynna asked what we were doing. I told her "Taking a pit stop." to which she replied "This isn't a pit stop, this is an ADVENTURE!" I love that kid.
This is another spot further up the road along the Umpqua River. We stopped to take a little hike down to the water's edge with the girls. They were loving it and the water was such a beautiful shade of greeny-blue.

Me and my little ladies.

This child insists upon having a walking stick when hiking. Which is fine with me because let's face it, it's just so darn cute.

I love this picture because every member of my little crew just looks genuinely happy.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new blog! You know, there's a picture of me and Bryce taken at that same exact spot as Justin is with the girls on that bridge. I actually think it's on my facebook page. I'm so jealous of your Oregon-dwelling self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your girls are beautiful- they have gotten so big.

    ReplyDelete